Don’t be fooled into thinking that you’ll only get discounts if you do extra-ordinary things. In fact, all you need to get those discounts are usually little things (and often overlooked things). Let us look at a number of things that will add up to save you much if you implement them…
1. If you drive recklessly then be prepared to pay expensive rates. Rough driving charges and other traffic offences can effectively add to your health insurance premium. This is because you’ll become a worse risk to your insurer.
Hence, driving better does not only help your auto insurance, it also gives you cheap rates in health insurance. If you drive a sports car or super bike, you will likely pay much more. This is because they will more easily make you need medical attention because they have a higher risk of accidents.
2. You’ll attract cheaper rates if you make your payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). By doing this you authorize an insurance carrier to automatically withdraw your premiums from your account when due. This reduces administrative overheads like those incurred when sending payment notices. This is why this results in discounts.
3. Premiums paid by self employed folks might be tax-deductible. And you can as well enjoy a tax break if you open a flexible spending account. Consult a tax professional.
4. There are drugs that are big brand names. Drugs that have such brand names cost a lot more than equally-effective drugs with less brand recognition and so raise your health insurance rate. But did you know that generic drugs are constrained by law to have the same active ingredients as brand name drugs? The inactive ingredients are the only differences between generic drugs and brand names.
Therefore, by using brand names you truly aren’t getting added value in spite of the fact that you are paying a lot more. Nevertheless, make sure you ask a doctor you can truly trust about this before you make your final decision.
5. While shopping for affordable health insurance it’s very important that you don’t become carried away by just the cheapest quote. You have to avoid a very low quote that does not offer you a good value to price ratio. You can get really cheap quotes that offer you the quality you are after if you do your shopping well. But in situations where you don’t find the right value in the lowest rate, you’ll be making the right choice if you spend more to make sure you truly get the quality of coverage that is right for you.
In a number of situations very low rates also come with great value but at other times they could have a poor quality. In those situations, the cheapest is not the best but the best for you will be the best offer eventually.
6. If you are at all serious about making considerably savings then you must get and compare quotes. Visit at least five of such for the best results. It’s free, quick and easy. You can get quotes that will have a range that exceeds $2,000. You could easily save so much by simply going with the lowest quote.