Internet marketing has developed as one of the most important form of marketing in recent years. With the growing influence of internet on the lives of people, it has become a major platform for marketing and advertisement. Internet marketing is also known as digital marketing or e-marketing and usually refers to the set of techniques adopted for the promotion of a product or service on the internet. Internet marketing is a broad term and includes a variety of techniques like Display advertising, Email marketing, Interactive advertising, Cloud marketing, social media optimization, Web analytics, Cost per impression etc. It also covers Search Engine Optimization and Pay-per click advertising.
Internet marketing has a numbers of advantages over traditional marketing schemes, some of them are:
- Cost Effective: It is one of the most affordable means of advertisement when compared to the cost of other traditional promotion techniques in reaching the same numbers. That is, the ratio of cost to the number of audience reached is quite low. It allows the companies or organization to reach a large number of people by using a limited amount for marketing.
- One to one interaction: The nature of advertisement allows direct interaction with the audience as most of the people browse the internet individually without any influence. This allows the marketers to convey their message properly and effectively.
- World Wide Reach: Internet is among the few media which can provide a worldwide reach. An advertisement on internet can be viewed by a user in any part of the world. Even other popular media like newspapers, radio etc. fail to provide such a wide reach to the audience.
- Quick Results: Internet marketing allows the marketers to get instant results from their marketing campaign. It provides statistics and data on the response to you advertisement by the internet users. It is inexpensive and easy to monitor all the aspects of your campaign. You can measure, analyze or test the results and responses. Therefore it becomes easy to analyze whether you campaign is appealing the audience or not.
- Instant Sales and revenue: An important feature of internet marketing is that you can easily guide your audience towards your sales platform with the help of an advertisement. That is, whenever an internet user clicks your advertisement or performs some other action he can have the option of buying that product immediately. This assures instant sales and revenue
All these factors have made internet marketing necessary for every business or organization.