There are so many reasons as to why people get tattoos and different reasons why at some point they may want to have them removed. Some of the reasons compelling people to remove them include dissatisfaction with appearance or regrets probably because the reasons for getting the tattoos have changed or shifted. Employment prospects can also lead to wanting a removal considering that they come with negative vibe around them and not many employers would hire someone with visible tattoos.
Removing tattoos can however be a challenge considering the ink are deeply set into the skin cells depending on what technique is used to create them. Fortunately laser tattoo removal treatments can handle all kinds of tattoos and eventually clear them off the skin. This is removal treatment that uses high powered laser to penetrate skin forcing pigment particles to vibrate creating heat that breaks ink particles into small pieces which are then removed through the lymphatic system.
The treatment is of course gradual and you may need to go for a number of sessions to completely remove the tattoo. Each can last anywhere between twenty minutes to an hour. Factor such as age of tattoo, location, color and the size can determine how long it takes before it completely fades. But what are the reasons behind the popularity of laser tattoo removal treatments?
- It is a non-surgical treatment which means many adverse effects that come with surgery are avoided. It is also done in a way that causes very little damage to the skin especially compared to some removal processes people have had to put up with.
- This kind of removal comes with no scarring. The light is generally harmless and leaves healthy skin cells just as healthy hence risks of scarring are greatly lowered. It is nothing compared to methods that employ skin sanding.
- The treatment can remove specific areas of the tattoo that you do not like or the entire tattoo depending on what you want. This is because it is possible for the light to be directed in those specific areas something that would be hard to achieve with other removal options.
- The method is very effective in fading or diminishing the tattoos. Unlike some other methods that can leave undesirable effects on the skin, you will love how clear your skin looks after completing the removal process.
- It requires very little recovery time. Again this is because the light is harmless and the skin is not irritated as much during the process. Patients going through the process only need to keep the area protected from UV radiation for a few days. Tenderness and redness may be present but then these also go away in a few days.
- This kind of removal is safer. Apart from the process being comfortable enough to handle and stay through, infection risks are minimal and very few side effects occur during the treatment. It is therefore true to say that it is among the safest tattoo removal options available.