Effective internet marketing can achieve better results than traditional forms of advertising. An internet marketing business can take a fraction of your advertising budget and make you lots of money. Beyond that your business can take advantage of these benefits:
- Tracking statistics – Marketing campaigns create quick results on the internet and the effects can be tracked. Adjustments can then be made to indicate areas to improve the campaign while it proceeds.
- Search engine marketing – Advertisements that are displayed according to the keywords used for the search. Very accurately targets ads.
- Social media marketing – As much an art as a science, this type of marketing can be effective in boosting a wide range of your marketing approaches.
No successful marketer uses only one facet of internet marketing. There are a number of tried and true web based marketing techniques that have been utilized for the profit of almost every arena of business.
The same imaginative genius that has often been a hallmark of great advertising is being brought to internet marketing today.
Target Your Ads
Traditional media does it’s best to target a general demographic but internet marketing makes it possible to refine your target audience:
These same audience specifics have always been taken into consideration in advertising. However, now it’s possible to be more specific about location of the audience. Content can be offered to each visitor according to their:
- Zip code
Even an IP address can trigger specific content and ads that are likely to target people in very specific locations.
Most objections to internet marketing are based on outdated misconceptions. The largest single hurdle of low speed internet connection has essentially been eliminated by rapid advances in technology. As of 2008, about 90% of residential internet connections in the USA were high speed broadband technology.
Over thirty years ago, Franklin M. Fisher sounded like he was keyword stuffing in this quote from his book, Diagnosing Monopoly: “A barrier to entry is anything that prevents entry when entry is socially beneficial.”
A recent survey of marketing executives discovered the three most common reasons for the ‘barrier to entry’ of large companies into internet marketing:
1) Inability to measure response – The reverse is actually true. Web analytics can give an extremely detailed assessment of your company’s marketing effort.
2) No internal structure – Since there is no one in the company that has the experience to handle internet marketing then the subject will be avoided.
3) Senior management – This has been the bane of progress throughout history. The same breed that said television advertising would never make it, print ads would not flourish and that ‘wheel’ thingy was probably dangerous.
Internet marketing is already well established and developing traditions of its own. If your company is still hesitating to make use of the array of potential approaches to internet marketing strategy, you are giving the edge to your competitor.
Internet Marketing Services
There are many internet marketing services that apply in any arena of business. Many monetization models allow you to combine strategies best suited to your business into a reliable income stream.
- In-text ads
- Leads & referrals
- Social media
There is a long list of useful monetization models that have successful track records, they are becoming standard in the industry. Internet marketing is a rewarding endeavor with many allowing a business to create a profitable marketing campaign.